Sunday, January 10, 2016

Current Guilty Pleasures #1



I'm still on holiday-mode and I’m making the most out of it. I won't start work for another week and I am absolutely loving it. I surely can do this holiday more frequently. It's the perfect time to do absolutely nothing! And you know what? Sometimes, it's nice to just sit back and relax and binge-watch some new shows, and that's exactly what I've been doing. I've listed all my holiday essentials to keep me cozy in this new year, from series to songs that's stuck in my head to what I'm wearing on my nails down to my feet.



Photo from ABC

Quantico

There’s a lot of television dramas based on the FBI. But this one from ABC is sexy and intense. Starring the gorgeous Priyanka Chopra as a promising FBI recruit who is framed for a terrorist attack in New York City. If you can look past the fact that they practically ripped off How To Get Away With Murder’s storytelling, then you’ll enjoy this thriller.


Photo from Fox

Grandfathered

Grandfathered stars John Stamos as a 50 year old successful restaurateur who finds out he has a 25 year old son (Josh Peck) and a grandchild through a former flame (Paget Brewster). With the absence of Two And a Half Men on TV and the success of Baby Daddy, this is a light family drama of an egotistical guy learning how to be a parent. Unlike the hedonistic Charlie Sheen, Stamos is charming and likeable. But like any good sitcom, it’s the sidekicks (Kelly Jenrette and Ravi Patel) who steals the show.

Photo from Netflix

Making A Murderer

Following the success of Serial podcast and HBO’s The Jinx, Making A Murderer is an investigative documentary about Steven Avery who spent 18 years in prison for a crime he didn’t commit only to be accused of murdering another victim two years after he gets exonerated. The opening score is like a true crime version of Game of Thrones. This series, which took 10 years to film, is depressing, intense, riveting and makes you wonder about corruption in the justice system. You can watch the first episode here.

Photo from Spike TV

Lip Sync Battle 2

Everybody is talking about Lip Sync Battle's second season premiere and with good reason. The season premiered with a battle between Channing Tatum and his wife Jenna Dewan-Tatum. Channing went full Frozen and Beyonce in his performance. Props to Magic Mike and all for going full drag on both acts, going Princess Elsa and channeling Queen Bey. But don't count Jenna out. I'm a huge Queen Bey fan, I even share the same birthday as her but I thought Channing's wife had it in the bag. The former backup dancer proved that she's a force to be reckoned with as she perfectly grooved to Paula Abdul's Cold Hearted. But the best part of the episode was when she gave her husband a lap dance parodying his Magic Mike 2 scene with Ginuwine's Pony. The look on Channing's face is uncomfortable but priceless. If this season premiere is any indication of what's ahead, then I can't wait.
Photo from Island Records

Justin Bieber - Purpose

I absolutely hate to admit this--because if you know me, I take my music seriously and I like legit good music from legit good artists--but for some strange reason, I just can’t get enough of Justin Bieber’s new music. Purpose is a reinvention, it’s Bieber’s attempt to make up for his tainted public image in the last few years. The 21 year old’s fourth record is sophisticated, blending R&B, EDM and dance-pop, mainly thanks to EDM giant Skrillex who produced five tracks including his second single Sorry and the Skrillex and Diplo collab track Where Are Ü Now. Speaking of Sorry, I just can't get enough of the video featuring the ReQuest dance crew.



Photo from Adidas

Adidas Superstar 80s


I owned a pair of Superstars once probably like ten years ago, except the stripes were pink. It was cute. I recently got a new pair and oh boy, I just love looking at it. I am still looking for a way to keep my new Superstars pristine so I haven't really worn it. But it's definitely already my favourite new pair of shoes. Get free shipping if you spend $50 or more at Adidas.





Photos from Nails Inc.

Nails Inc. Gel Effects in Porchester Square


I sort of went on another nail polish binge in December. It doesn't happen often but comes every now and then. I was excited for my December weddings and I was in search of the perfect bridesmaid nails. I went as far as asking everyone at work--including my male colleagues--which polish I should wear. I went for Porchester Square which is a muted mushroom polish. It's the perfect nude with a tinge of lilac. I decided on Porchester Square because I had to attend two different weddings with two different themes and this was the one polish that complimented both weddings.



Find Happiness:
RSS Instagram Instagram Pinterest Tumblr Twitter Vimeo Youtube
.